Welcome to the largest and oldest business student organization in the world!
FBLA – FUTURE BUSINESS LEADERS OF AMERICA
A quarter of a million high school and middle school students, college and university students, faculty, educators, administrators, and business professionals have chosen to be members of the premier business education association preparing students for careers in business.
- FBLA members are to be selling 5 or more items of Virginia Diner Peanuts by October 13th.
- All orders are prepaid and MUST be turned in to Mrs. Hines by October 13th.
- You MUST sell 5 items to attend the UVA Wise Fall Region Converence on October 27th.
Our mission is to bring business and education together in a positive working relationship through innovative leadership and career development programs.
CODE OF ETHICS
- I will be honest and sincere.
- I will approach each task with confidence in my ability to perform my work at a high standard.
- I will willingly accept responsibilities and duties.
- I will seek to profit from my mistakes and take suggestions and criticisms directed toward the improvement of myself and my work.
- I will abide by the rules and regulations of my school
- I will exercise initiative and responsibility and will cooperate with my employer and fellow workers.
- I will dress and act in a manner that will bring respect to me and to my school.
- I will seek to improve my community by contributing my efforts and my resources to worthwhile projects.
- Develop competent, aggresive business leadership.
- Strengthen the confidence of students in themselves and their work.
- Create more interest in and understanding of the American business enterprise.
- Encourage members in the development of individual projects that contribute to the improvement of home, business, and community.
- Develop character, prepare for useful citizenship, and foster patriotism.
- Encourage and practice efficient money management.
- Encourage scholarship and promote school loyalty.
- Assist students in the establishment of occupational goals.
- Facilitate the transition from work to school.
- I believe education is the right of every person
- I believe the future depends on mutual understanding and cooperation among business, industry, labor, religious, family, and educational institutions, as well as people around the world.
- I believe every person should prepare for a useful occupation and carry on that occupation in a manner that brings the greatest good to the greatest number.
- I believe every person should actively work toward improving social, political, community and family life.
- I believe every person has a right to earn a living at a useful occupation and that this right should not be denied because of race, color, creed, sex, or handicap.
- I believe every person should take responsibility for carrying out assigned tasks in a manner that brings credit to self, associates, school, and community.
- I believe I have the responsibility to work efficiently and to think clearly. I promise to use my abilities to make the world a better place for everyone.