Title VI, Part B, Subpart 2, Rural Education, CFDA 84.358
This grant provides funds to rural school divisions serving concentrations of children from low-income families. A grant to an eligible school division is made according to a formula based on the number of students in average daily attendance served by the division. Funds may be spent in one or more of the following categories:
- F-1. Recruitment and retention of teachers, including the use of signing bonuses and other financial incentives;
- F-2. Professional development for teachers, including programs that train teachers to utilize technology to improve teaching and to train special needs teachers;
- F-3. Educational technology expenditures, including software and hardware, as described in Title II, Part D, Enhancing Education Through Technology;
- F-4. Parental involvement activities;
- F-5. Activities authorized under the Title IV, Part A, Safe and Drug-Free Schools and Communities;
- F-6. Activities authorized under Title I, Part A, Improving Basic Program Operated by Local Educational Agencies; or F-7. Activities authorized under Title III, Language Instruction for Limited English Proficient and Immigrant Students.