- The learning environment must provide a variety of instructional approaches to support all students' needs in the learning process.
- Clear and challenging goals must be provided to guide personnel in the developement of a curriculum to support students' learning.
- All students are unique individuals and deserve an equal opportunity to learn.
- An atmosphere of understanding and respect between school personnel and students must exist in order for students to develop positive self-esteem.
- Teachers, staff, administrators, parents, and students must share in the reponsibility for providing a successful and safe learning environment.
- A commitment to encourage students to become lifelong learners is imperative.